The writing on the wall?
There’s a spot in the transition space between my new kitchen and dining room that’s crying out for some color and some fun. It’s a section of wood trim painted white that’s staying white within my two-tone green kitchen and dining area. In order to tie it into the color scheme and add a little flair to the space, I’ve decided to paint a quote there. The question, then, is what quote to use? That’s where you come in. That’s right, YOU. I want your suggestions for quotes, phrases, sayings, etc. to paint on my wall.
- Comment with as many quotes, sayings, or phrases as you want.
- Quotes need to be accompanied by source, if available.
- Topics/themes are wide open, although friendship, home, cooking, wine, etc. seem like logical places to start.
The person who submits the winning entry gets two prizes:
1. The guarantee that I’ll think of you every time I walk into my kitchen or dining room.
2. Cookies or other dessert of your choice (some restrictions apply for entries from outside the St. Louis area).
Let the fun begin!
The Fine Print
1. Linda reserves the right to choose more than one entry and may use suggested phrases in places other than her kitchen. In the case of multiple entries, each winner will receive both of the above prizes.
2. “The writing on the wall” as used in this situation shall have no element of doom or misfortune. Only happy writing on the wall in my house.
3. Picture coming shortly after the painters get all the color on the walls.
4. Deadline for submissions is currently undetermined, but it will likely be at least one week from date of blog entry.